Your mouth is a sensitive area with millions of atoms and nerve-endings colliding at any given moment. If there is a small issue, it can feel as if your teeth or gums are about to burst; the pain is that intense.
When you have a problem, it’s essential to contact a professional in Cincinnati to help you find a solution. In Cincinnati, OH, emergency dentistry is designed to restore everything from cracks and chips to missing teeth and ease the discomfort.
Of course, it can be difficult to tell when emergency dentistry is suitable, which is why we have answered a selection of the common questions.
What Is Emergency Dentistry?
It’s essential to understand the difference between a dental emergency and a general issue since the last thing you want to do is let a crisis escalate out of control. As a rule, an emergency dentist is required to stop bleeding, alleviate severe pain, or save a tooth. Of course, these are only three examples. Therefore, it’s important to ask yourself the following questions:
- Are you in pain that medication won’t stop?
- Is there blood?
- Is anything missing or loose?
- Could it be an infection?
These signs highlight issues that require immediate treatment.
What Are the Benefits of Emergency Dentistry?
Emergency dentists in Cincinnati, OH, are popular because of the services they provide. At John V. Unger DDS, we serve the Cincinnati, Ohio, region and aim to help patients find solutions for their oral health needs.
- Stop the pain sooner: Discomfort isn’t a nice sensation, especially when it’s linked to your teeth and gums as the nerves are incredibly sensitive. The pain will stop sooner rather than later by contacting an emergency dentist, which should be the primary target.
- Restore cosmetic and structural complications: Depending on the situation, you may require a dentist to stop the bleeding and tooth loss. Not only does an emergency professional treat the short-term factors, but they also attempt to secure your oral hygiene for the future too. This means saving teeth where possible.
- Prevent infections: Infections are dangerous as the symptoms aren’t always obvious. Therefore, the bacteria could spread throughout your mouth and body, leading to further complications. With an emergency dentist in Cincinnati, you’ll receive peace of mind that everything is fine below the mouth’s surface.
- Be safe, not sorry: 22% of people experience issues that require expert help every six months. Emergency dentistry allows you to be safe and not wonder what could have been.
What Options Do John V. Unger DDS Offer?
We provide a range of suitable solutions that will help ease the physical and mental pain of severe oral hygiene complications. Firstly, we diagnose dental or oral pain and discomfort so that we can better manage your condition. Next, we apply the treatment, which could be anything from temporomandibular joint (TMJ) to root canal treatment. Lastly, we keep an eye out for potential complications with our aftercare service.
Whether you’ve been in an accident or suddenly experience pain and discomfort, you should call us ASAP.